If you are planning to take DUAL CREDIT classes NEXT YEAR (FALL 2020), you must complete the following as soon as possible.
1) Complete and sign the Student Agreement by May 13. Print, email, screenshot, etc. to Gina Greshamfirstname.lastname@example.org. After filling out the form online, you must go to File, Save As and save the file to your computer as "Your Name." If you do not File, Save As, the form will revert back to the blank version.
2) Choose you classes from the list of available classes (attached).
3) Students that have taken ENG 131 should consider signing up for ENG 132.
1) Submit an application through Apply Texas (video instructions provided below)
2) Complete and sign the attached Student Agreement by May 13. Print, email, screenshot, etc. to Gina Greshamemail@example.com. After filling out the form online, you must go to File, Save As and save the file to your computer as "Your Name." If you do not File, Save As, the form will revert back to the blank version.
3) Choose you classes from the list of available classes (attached).
4) Students that have taken PAP ENG 2 should consider signing up for ENG 131.
6) If you have NOT taken the TSI, you will still be allowed to begin registration process. You will be required to pass the necessary TSI test by August 19 to avoid being dropped. I will make arrangements with the students that need this done.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION THROUGH APPLY TEXAS:
Below is the link for the Apply Texas tutorial for new DC students and their parents.
COPING WITH STRESS DURING THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK
If you have concerns that your child may be using or is in danger of experimenting, using, or abusing illegal drugs or other prohibited substances, the school counselor can provide you with a list of community resources that may be of assistance to you. The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) maintains information regarding children’s mental health and substance abuse intervention services on its website: https://www.dshs.texas.gov/transition/mhsa.aspx
Cushing ISD is committed to partnering with parents to support the healthy mental, emotional, and behavioral development of its students. If you are concerned about your child, please visit Texas Suicide Prevention or contact the school counselor for more information related to suicide prevention services available in our area.
ApplyTexas was created through a collaborative effort between the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and the colleges and universities represented on the site. The goal of the project is to offer a centralized means for both Texas and non-Texas students to apply to the many outstanding post secondary institutions available in Texas.
On ApplyTexas you can accomplish a multitude of tasks including:
- Apply for admission to any Texas public university, as well as to participating community and private colleges.
- Apply for undergraduate, international and graduate admission.
- Copy a submitted application to another institution.
- Submit your application essays online.
- Apply for scholarships from participating universities.
- Search for and view both general and university specific information.
Will you be able to afford the lifestyle you want?
It's difficult to predict the future, but it's never too early to start planning for it. Texas Reality Check will show you how much your living expenses will cost, and the amount of money you will need to earn to pay for them.