The state has added a component to its accountability system: evaluating Texas school districts and individual campuses on how well they engage the community and students.
Under this system, which is based on District-developed criteria, CISD earned an overall rating of Exemplary.
About the new system
·The 83rd Texas Legislature, through House Bill 5 (HB 5), added Section 39.0545 to the Texas Education Code (TEC).
·This section requires school districts to evaluate performance in community and student engagement, as well as in compliance with state reporting requirements, for the District as a whole and for each of its campuses.
·For the evaluation, districts must use criteria developed by a local committee and must assign an overall rating and a rating for each criteria at both the District and campus levels.
· Ratings must be publicly reported no later than Aug. 8 of each year.
CaSE Factors used in the evaluation for 2017-18
The following areas were used in evaluating Cushing ISD’s performance in community and student engagement:
1.Community and parental involvement
3.Wellness and physical education
4. 21st Century Workforce Development Program
5. Second Language Acquisition Program
6. Digital Learning Environment
7. Dropout Prevention Strategies
8. Educational Programs for Gifted and Talented Students